Sunday, October 4, 2009

GMP Power for the Married

It was my dream to do MBA. Getting into XLRI was more than I had dreamt. While I was rejoicing the start of a new life, I realized that XLRI GMP would be a challenge with respect to time management. Armed with faith, committed husband and supportive parents, I decided to join the XLRI family.
Family accommodation is better than I expected. Apartment has a spacious bedroom, living room, kitchenette and storage area. Bed, cabinets, desk, chair and book stand were provided. The common area of the building is cleaned and maintained regularly. Canteen has great food and friendly staff. There are doctors who visit the campus twice a day. I have the fortune of having 5 great doctors as my batch-mates including pediatricians. I could not have asked for more.
There is a beautiful park right in front of the building for the children to play. My daughter who is now 10 months old waits to go down every evening and watch other kids play. Well, that is a GMP baby club :)
The second term has started. You are wondering what happened to my fear of time management problem? Well, the fear has transformed into a new found confidence. In the first term, there was no time to breathe and I lived in this constant fear of ‘how will I manage everything’. Married people struggled between family and studies while most singles struggled between movies and studies :) [Secret - You get access to lots of movies here]. Back to my fear story - I learnt to sleep less and make the most of my time by focusing well on the task on hand whether it is spending time with family or studying. I am also an active member of four extracurricular groups.
First term has passed and I have realized that I can do a lot more than I thought I could. GMP has shown me how I could exceed my own expectations. I know that whatever happens, I will find a way out to succeed. GMP has made me strong and efficient. Wondering what happened to effectiveness. I was always effective - that is why I joined XLRI :)

No comments:

Post a Comment